Sunday, January 4, 2009

Woo-Hoo! Northwest History Wins a Clio!

Check this Out!

In conjunction with the AHA annual meeting in New York, here are the fourth annual Cliopatria Awards for History Blogging. Thanks to the judges this year, who made the difficult decisions necessary to pick the best work from strong fields: Manan Ahmed, Another Damned Medievalist, Rebecca Goetz, William Turkel, Jeremy Boggs, Lisa Spiro, Jonathan Dresner, Elle, Ph.D., Jeremy Young. They have done a fine job. Thanks also to Jonathan Dresner for creating the 2008 logos. Here, then, are the winners and brief explanations of the judges' rationale for their decisions:

Best Individual Blog: Northwest History

In addition to a strong focus on the historical materials and historiography of the American Northwest, Prof. Cebula introduces and explains digital resources and techniques with great range and depth. The writing is engaging and incisive and the result both entertaining and very useful.


This is a wonderful and unexpected honor. I feel like Rudolf when Clarisse bats her eyelashes at him:

7 comments:

CLIONÁUTICA said...

Congratulations! I have to say you have a really good Clioblog!

Kratz said...

Congrats Larry! Now of course this means that you have to maintain this level of quality or they'll take your award away!

Larry Cebula said...

No way Kratzer. If you need me you'll fond me resting ok my laurels, posting pictures if my cats and links from Fark.

peacay said...

Congratulations Larry!

Anonymous said...

Congrats! The public history blogosphere is very proud! (Of course, since I nominated you, I'd like to think I get a little reflected glory.)

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Larry! Very well deserved...

Kratz said...

I look forward to seeing your cats then.